Re: asfxload on 2.6.18.3

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2006 17:06, ael wrote:
>
>>I have a AWE64 card:
>>
>>kernel: isapnp: Card 'Creative SB AWE64  PnP'

> I don't know if I can be of much help, but looked back on my notes for various
> sound stuff on Sarge.  One thing I seemed to have needed to do was to comment
> out with a "#" awe_wave in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d . Also, and I know I'm
> using an Audigy2 Soundblaster card, using the emu10k1 driver, but I had to
> add "snd-emu10k1-synth" to /etc/modules so that I could load soundfonts.
>
> I'm clutching at straws here, but the Alsa Soundcard Matrix shows both "SB16"
> and "Emu8000" listed for these AWE cards,
> and /lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/kernel/sound/isa/sb shows a
> "snd-emu8000-synth.ko"  . It might be worth modprobing snd-emu8000-synth  and
> see if you can load soundfonts after doing so.  If it works you can add the
> module to /etc/modules , as I have had to do with my snd-emu10k1-synth
> module.

Thanks for the reply. As you will see from my second message which
crossed with your reply, you were on the right lines. It looks as if I
can now load sound fonts and it was because of these modules with "-" in
their names which I had missed.

This puts me back where I was yesterday: asfxload appears to load sound
fonts (at least it does not complain), but aplaymidi only produces the
first note (evidence that at least part of the font really was loaded, I
guess) before appearing to livelock.

A Lawrence