Re: asoundrc, ladspa and biamplification

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:46:05 -0500
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 20 November 2006 10:07, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> >On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:03:04 +0100
> >
> >BISSON Frédéric <zigazou@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> If possible I'd like 12 dB/octave because that's what the Gemini CX-1
> >> crossover has and it suits my needs.
> >
> >You probably know that a crossover made of 12db/octave LPF + HPF has a
> >+3db bump at crossover frequency.
> >
> Mmm, does that not disappear when the vector additions are done,
> disappearing due to the phase angle errors near the crossover freq?

I'd say the opposite - it DOES appear because vector addition is done
and there is a 90 degrees phase shift.

Linkwitz-Riley crossover has filter that are in phase at crossover
frequency, and they add up flatly.

Linkwitz-Riley crossover LPF is two same Butterworth LPFs connected back
to back, the same applies to HPH, LPF and HPF orders are the same,
so Linkwitz-Riley crossover can be made of existing LADSPA plugins.

All this is widely available knowledge; you can try running models
in 'octave' or 'scilab' or simply find the info on the WEB.

--Sergei.

--
Visit my http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/ open source project.