Re: capturing line-in

conrad berhörster wrote:
> Am Dienstag 14 November 2006 10:51 schrieben Sie:
> > conrad berhörster wrote:
> > > I want to capture my cdplayer output throught my onboard soundcard
> > > line in. I have tested this with jaaa as a jack client and directly
> > > through ALSA. The mic input is working perfect.
>
> > And what is the problem?
>
> i can't get any valuable signal. there is only noise.
>
> > Did you select the Line input for recording?
>
> you mean select in jack?

Yes.

> yes , jack gives me 3 input devices.

I was speaking about hardware jacks, not about JACK.

> hw:0,1 (MIC ADC), hw:0,2 (MIC2 ADC) and hw:0,3 (ADC2)

These are for cases where multiple codec chips are connected to the
southbridge.

To select the line input for recording, start alsamixer, press F4, go
to the "Line" control, and press Space.

> > Is the Line input jack shared with some output jack?
>
> Just to be sure : on the frontpanel, there are 3 plugs. the blue is line in,
> the pink is mic and a light green for the headphone, right?

You have enabled the "Duplicate Front" switch which outputs the sound
for the front speaker also on the jack for the rear speakers that may
be the same jack used for the line input.

HTH
Clemens