envy24, ic1712

Hi all
M-audio delta 66, uses the VIA envy 24 chip, I'm having problems routing
audio in and out.
On the input I find that inputs 1 &2 will route but not 3&4.
In the other direction its routing pcm to either 3 & 4 .

The apps I'm using are all Ham related , winrad( running in wine),
gmfsk, fldigi, wsjt
It's a bit annoying having 4 ports in and 4 out when you can only use
two each way.

I suspect its the was the user programs are compiled, well as I have to
compile gmfsk,fldigi and wsjt I could get at the source code
and alter the poert allocation, if I knew how to, But I dont.

Of the 4 apps gmfsk & fldigi make available a four pcm outputs winrad
and wsjt only make available 1 & 2

winrad accepts inputs on 1 & 2 only
wsjt accepts inputs on 1, but audio can be patched to1 to 4 outputs.
fldigi  audio on all ports can be patched to all the output ports, but
only ports 1 &2 get to the app
gmfsk  input 1 is active inputs 2,3 and 4  are about 20dB down, gmfsk
uses portaudio, as does wsjt

Confused ?, well I am, I cant seem to get ALSA to say what it thinks on
available devices, but here's what portaudio can see:-
WSJT Version 5.9.6 r309 , by K1JT
Revision date: 2006-09-22 19:39:03 +0300 (Fri, 22 Sep 2006)
Run date:   Fri Nov  3 17:31:43 2006 UTC
Using PortAudio.

Audio     Input    Output     Device Name
Device  Channels  Channels
   0       16        16       /dev/dsp
   1       16        16       /dev/dsp1
   2       12        10       M Audio Delta 66: ICE1712 multi (hw:0,0)
   3        2         2       VIA 8235: VIA 8235 (hw:1,0)
   4        2         6       VIA 8235: VIA 8235 (hw:1,1)
   5       12        10       front
   6       12        10       surround40
   7       12        10       surround51
   8       128        128       iec958
   9       128        128       spdif

Default   Input:  0   Output:  0
Requested Input:  0   Output:  0
Opening device 0 for input, 0 for output.
Audio streams running normally.

I could get around this by adding a few external switches, but I'd much
rather use the card to do its job properly.
ideas ?

TIA
Richard