Re: Re : Fortissimo IV works great with 44.1khz material, not great at all in 48khz

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:04:13 +0400
Elie Morisse <lachienne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 13.10.2006 18:56:53, Sergei Steshenko a écrit :
> > On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:59:32 -0400
> > Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > > Maybe you need to use alsamixer to set the clock rate to 48000?
> > >
> > > Lee
> > >

> > FWIW - I do need to set clock in 'alsamixer' to 32000Hz when I use 'openwengo'
> > VOIP application - with 44100Hz the symptoms are similar to the ones described
> > by Elie Morisse.
> >
> > So, changing sample rate is definitely worth trying.
> >
> > --Sergei.
> >
> > --
> > Visit my http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/ open source project.
> >

> What are your exact settings ? I played with Multi Track switches and until now none of combinations gives me accurate sound.. What is "Analog Bypass" btw ?
>
> Another weirdness : I found out that setting "Internal Clock" to 44100 and "Rate Locking" to true makes 48khz material sound better ( though it's not the cure-all, the sound pops nastily )

My reply was meant as a confirmation to try another sample rate.

I have a different than you soundcard (M-Audio Revolution 7.1) and I haven't
yet used it for real sound recording - just verified once that capture worked
in mono mode at 8kHz sample rate.

So, my settings are most likely irrelevant - I do not use digital output
of any kind, my output device is stereo headphones.

The 32000Hz sample rate for 'openwengo' makes sense because the codec
uses that sample rate and apparently the application lacks resampler.

--Sergei.

--
Visit my http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/ open source project.