SB Live: no left channel on recording

Hello,

I have a SB Live 5.1 card (lspci -vv says Model SB0100) on an Intel
865 mobo. I'm running Suse 10.0 with alsa-1.0.12 (the packman RPM).

When I try to record something via line-in (settings: 44.1KHz, stereo,
32-bit float), I get only the right channel. The red bar in audacity
that shows the recording level for the left channel stays at zero as
does the blue line for the waveform. This problem does not occur with
the mic input, or when I reboot to Fedora 2 (alsa-lib-1.0.3a-2).

I looked at the mixer settings via qamix and alsamixer, and I could
not see any obvious problem, but I do not understand all the mixer
settings.

If someone could suggest some fix, that would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Mandar.