Selective sample rate conversion?

Hello list,

I'd like to automatically convert some sample rates to others, for
playback, like this:

11025 => 44100
22050 => 44100
8000 => 48000 (or 32000)
12000 => 48000

For the simple reason that sound goes via toslink to my amplifier and
it's quiet below 32 kHz. Alsa seems to do this for me already for 24 kHz,
apparently my sound card doesn't support 24 kHz.

Not looking for any "all is 48 kHz" munging or manual selection of slave
device, only specified sample rates should be automatically converted.

Come to think of it, I suppose this could be simplified to "convert any
sample rate below 32 kHz to 32 kHz" if it's easier.