Re: alsa-player ?

Le Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:47:07 +0200,Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> > > Thanks for the link, but I am not asking for some advanced sound effect,> > but for an audio player with a speed control feature, feature that I can> > incorporate in my menu.> >> > As I said before, it is not so at no one is willing to improve the> > alsaplayer, but at no one is incorporating the fixes send on the> > devel-email list in the code. So my question is the same:> >> > If we will keep this player that have such an unique feature on linux, we> > need a new site for this player, or to incorporate this feature in another> > player. I think at the first solution is easier.> >> > Dominique> > Hi Dominique. It is a shame that Alsaplayer isn't being maintained. We are > losing too many apps because, either the authors have lost interest, have > moved onto other projects, or are just trying to live some sort of life apart > from computers.> Myself, I can do a website for the alsaplayer if it is no other solution,but I cannot support an email list for it. I can have one more email just forit, but it will not be as an email list. It would be better to put it onsourceforge or another repository so at it will be open to other peoples.
Another problem is at I am not a programmer. I can apply the debian patches anddo a tarball. Even do a tarball with the cvs that have a gtk2 interface (thatdoesn't compile on my system), but again. it will be better to have a realdepository with cvs or svn capability, so at developers can register and submittheir patches directly.
> Myself, I use Mhwaveedit, which does have a speed control. > https://gna.org/projects/mhwaveedit/> > It's basically an editor, but works well as a player for both .ogg's, > and .mp3's. It's a tarball install and needs libsamplerate-devel, and > libsndfile-devel to be installed for it to build. For MP3 usage you need to > have lame installed. You can also record on it as well, which can be usefull.> > It may be worth giving it a try.> > Nigel.> Mhwaveedit is a cool editor. But as player the alsaplayer is better, and ithave an API that is very easy to incorporate in a menu. The alsaplayer havealso a better speed control as mwaveedit. The smallest change I can have withwaveedit is 2 %. With the alsaplayer, I can have one comma (around 1%, and Ihave not try less), that is ~ 4 commas in the first half note. And I assure youat it does a difference when you are playing guitar or another instrument at thesame time.
If you want to see how my speed control menu is looking:http://home.citycable.ch/monde-meilleur/linux/scrennshoot-grand.pngAnd I have a volume control in db, I can load playlists, jump, seek, etc.
man alsaplayer give you the options, and they are not so hard to incorporate ina wm as fvwm.
Dominique
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of ITJoin SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share youropinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cashhttp://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________Alsa-user mailing listAlsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user