Re: alsa-player ?

> Thanks for the link, but I am not asking for some advanced sound effect,
> but for an audio player with a speed control feature, feature that I can
> incorporate in my menu.
>
> As I said before, it is not so at no one is willing to improve the
> alsaplayer, but at no one is incorporating the fixes send on the
> devel-email list in the code. So my question is the same:
>
> If we will keep this player that have such an unique feature on linux, we
> need a new site for this player, or to incorporate this feature in another
> player. I think at the first solution is easier.
>
> Dominique

Hi Dominique. It is a shame that Alsaplayer isn't being maintained. We are
losing too many apps because, either the authors have lost interest, have
moved onto other projects, or are just trying to live some sort of life apart
from computers.

Myself, I use Mhwaveedit, which does have a speed control.
https://gna.org/projects/mhwaveedit/

It's basically an editor, but works well as a player for both .ogg's,
and .mp3's. It's a tarball install and needs libsamplerate-devel, and
libsndfile-devel to be installed for it to build. For MP3 usage you need to
have lame installed. You can also record on it as well, which can be usefull.

It may be worth giving it a try.

Nigel.