Re: Is the RME Digi9652 supported ? [signed]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eduard van den Bongard" <evdb@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:30 PM
Subject: Re:  Is the RME Digi9652 supported ? [signed]

> Hi Dominik,

Hello Eduard,

> I have just installed 64studio, and there I used jackd to play a little
> bit

I tried using jackd too, but still struggling.
Could you maybe give me your ".jackrc"  ?
You can enable it under Setup -> Misc

> around. I was able to manage playing something to the outputs I liked,
> with
> managing the outputs with qjackctl.

Starting the server gives out ...

ALSA: cannot set channel count to 8 for playback
ALSA: cannot configure playback channel

> I haven't yet tried different .asoundrc
> files. I was not able to play any sound with Suse 10.1. I hope I have
> spare
> time at the weekend to try the .asoundrc files I have.

Did you advance in setting up a working .asoundrc ?
It seems nothing works with this card without a proper .asoundrc or .jackrc
Or at least nothing other than stereo output.

so long
Dominik