Re: PCI SSL TLS certificate requirements change

Thanks, William.
I had missed this reply last week.

We will be switched from 389DS to RHDS sometime in the next few months, and our audits will start failing us in March if we are still using sslv3.

I'd like to address these gaps pro-actively, and minimize the amount of impact on my client base by allowing a gradual migration of client systems.
This is why I was asking about adding "secured" systems to the replication pools, and gradually cutting over the clients.

If the new RHDS replicas "pass" these tests and are in the replication pool with the 389ds systems that fail, and I could have our ops teams schedule batches of client systems to reconfigure, we could process through this gradually.

Here's where I'm falling down:
--> Testing protocols (via sockets except TLS 1.2 and SPDY/NPN)

 SSLv2      not offered (OK)
 SSLv3      offered (NOT ok)
 TLS 1      offered
 TLS 1.1    not offered
 TLS 1.2    not offered (NOT ok)
 SPDY/NPN   not offered

--> Testing ~standard cipher lists

 Null Ciphers                 offered (NOT ok)
 Anonymous NULL Ciphers       not offered (OK)
 Anonymous DH Ciphers         not offered (OK)
 40 Bit encryption            offered (NOT ok)
 56 Bit encryption            Local problem: No 56 Bit encryption configured in /usr/bin/openssl
 Export Ciphers (general)     offered (NOT ok)
 Low (<=64 Bit)               offered (NOT ok)
 DES Ciphers                  offered (NOT ok)
 Medium grade encryption      offered (NOT ok)
 Triple DES Ciphers           offered (NOT ok)
 High grade encryption        offered (OK)

--> Testing (perfect) forward secrecy, (P)FS -- omitting 3DES, RC4 and Null Encryption here

Not OK: No ciphers supporting Forward Secrecy offered

--> Testing server preferences

 Has server cipher order?     yes (OK)
 Negotiated protocol          TLSv1
 Negotiated cipher            AES256-SHA
 Cipher order
     SSLv3:     AES256-SHA RC4-MD5 RC4-SHA AES128-SHA DES-CBC3-SHA DES-CBC-SHA EXP-RC4-MD5 EXP-RC2-CBC-MD5
     TLSv1:     AES256-SHA RC4-MD5 RC4-SHA AES128-SHA DES-CBC3-SHA DES-CBC-SHA EXP-RC4-MD5 EXP-RC2-CBC-MD5

Alexander Mayberry
Enterprise Systems Engineer
SD Group: EIT Infrastructure – OMA
Enterprise.Systems Engineering.Infrastructure