LDAP Load Tools

Sanga M. Collins wrote:
> I think the deployment guide suggests you use pointers instead of loading large pieces of data into the directory
>
> Sanga M. Collins
> Network Engineering
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> IT Management LLC
> 6491 Sunset Strip #5,
> Sunrise Fl, 33313
> Tel: (954) 572 7411,

As an FYI... The issue in the environment in which I'm working is not a
data at rest issue for the large attributes, but rather a replication
and writing issue.

This is a US Government customer who has deployed a large PKI and LDAP
infrastructure based upon the Red Hat CA and DS products, and they have
several CA's with large certificate revocation lists approaching several
tens of Mbytes each (the customer has issued tens of million of certs
from all the CAs deployed, and has revoked > 20% of these prior to
expiration at any one time for various reasons, thus the large CRLs).
These CRLs are published to Red Hat DS instances in the
certificateRevocationList;binary attribute in the entry for each CA and
replicated to consumer DS instances and customers who require the CRLs.
OCSP is also used, but CRLs are still required for many applications.

This is a reasonably mature architecture as far as PKI and LDAP are
concerned, first deployed in 1999 or thereabouts (think Netscape days),
but the large CRL growth has been problematic both in generation and in
publishing/replication at times.  The publishing and replication tuning
is what I'm trying to address with additional lab testing.

The Red Hat CA and DS solutions have shown themselves to be scalable and
secure in this environment, with proper care and tuning.

Michael

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora User Discussion]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [EPEL Announce]     [Fedora News]     [Fedora Cloud]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Education]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Scitech]     [Fedora Robotics]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Infrastructure]     [Fedora Websites]     [Anaconda Devel]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora Fonts]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Management Tools]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora R Devel]     [Fedora PHP Devel]     [Kickstart]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Fedora Legal]     [Fedora Kernel]     [Fedora QA]     [Fedora Triage]     [Fedora OCaml]     [Coolkey]     [Virtualization Tools]     [ET Management Tools]     [Yum Users]     [Tux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Linux Apps]     [Maemo Users]     [Gnome Users]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Maemo Users]     [Asterisk PBX]     [Fedora Sparc]     [Fedora Universal Network Connector]     [Fedora ARM]