Infinite loop during installation process

Richard Megginson wrote:

>> Now the admin server won't start at all, and no error message is
>> logged to the console or error log.
> There's more to making it use ssl than disabling ssl.  The easiest way
> is to use the script at
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL to generate the
> keys/certs, then use the console.  You first have to go to
> Directory->Configuration->Data->Security and check the button that tells
> the console to use SSL.  Then, go to Admin
> Server->Configuration->Security and tell Admin Server to use SSL.

Trouble is, if you've made the smallest config error, the console is
left in a corrupt state. There seems to be no way to correct an error
once its been made.

I managed to get this right once, then made a config error somewhere,
and the directory config for this member of the cluster has been corrupt
ever since.

>> A couple of questions at this point:
>>
>> - How does the console know whether to contact the admin server using
>> SSL or clear?
> It should go off the url you specify when using startconsole, either
> http or https.

Ok... the URL I used in startconsole pointed at the configuration
directory's admin server, not the new admin server I am trying to set up.

Is the startconsole somehow assuming that because the admin server
belonging to the configuration directory is secure, then all other admin
servers are secure too?

Should I point startconsole at the new admin server, rather than the
configuration admin server, when I want to edit the new admin server?

>> - Which files in the config directory can be edited by a human and
>> have an actual effect?
> Only local.conf is read-only.  It is basically a cache of the
> information under the admin server instance entry under o=NetscapeRoot.
>
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/AdminServer#Admin_Server_Config_Files

If I delete all the files in the admin server config directory, will the
restart-admin script rebuild these files from the directory?

>> - How do you refresh the files in the config directory, so that they
>> reflect changes you've made in the directory itself?
> The surest way to make the Admin Server refresh its config based on
> changes made in the DS is to restart the admin server.

The behaviour I was seeing was that after modifying the directory and
restarting the admin server, the only file that changed was local.conf.

All other files remained untouched, meaning that despite the directory
having been modified, the admin server did not pick up the changes.

Regards,
Graham
--

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora User Discussion]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [EPEL Announce]     [Fedora News]     [Fedora Cloud]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Education]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Scitech]     [Fedora Robotics]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Infrastructure]     [Fedora Websites]     [Anaconda Devel]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora Fonts]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Management Tools]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora R Devel]     [Fedora PHP Devel]     [Kickstart]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Fedora Legal]     [Fedora Kernel]     [Fedora QA]     [Fedora Triage]     [Fedora OCaml]     [Coolkey]     [Virtualization Tools]     [ET Management Tools]     [Yum Users]     [Tux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Linux Apps]     [Maemo Users]     [Gnome Users]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Maemo Users]     [Asterisk PBX]     [Fedora Sparc]     [Fedora Universal Network Connector]     [Fedora ARM]