Any better way to interact with xfs?

Hi

I have a bit of a specific requirement.

I have a server that currently has a 12T worth of data on it on an xfs formatted LV.

currently the file permissions are set via an LDAP, however we are having to move to AD for out authentication mechanism. Which will change the value of the existing UID's and GID's

Since XFS has a lot of mechanisms that allow things to happen in parallel. I was wondering if there was a way of interacting at the file system level to facilitate a change of UID's on files rather than having to just chown recursively down the file system. The faster I can update the permissions the better basically

Ryan Lindsay | Research Infrastructure Lead

Faculty of Science IT
Room G09, Old Geology Bld, University of Melbourne, 3010, VIC

Telephone +61 3 83446255Mobile +61 0407537949Email rlindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error please delete it and notify us by return email.