xfsaild 20 wakeups per second

I was tuning the power consumption of my new laptop and noticed that
each xfsaild process is still waking up 20 times per second.  I found
http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2012-03/msg00237.html which I think
indicates that this was a workaround for some other issue and wouldn't
be permanent.  Unfortunately that was 4+ years ago.  I wasn't able to
locate any other discussion about the topic.

Was it determined that the wakeups were going to have to stay
permanently?  Or was the issue just not revisited?  And if the former,
is there a way to tune the wakeup frequency in any way?

 - J<