Re: Xfs lockdep warning with for-dave-for-4.6 branch

Thanks Dave for your detailed explanation again! Peter do you have any
other idea how to deal with these situations other than opt out from
lockdep reclaim machinery?

If not I would rather go with an annotation than a gfp flag to be honest
but if you absolutely hate that approach then I will try to check wheter
a CONFIG_LOCKDEP GFP_FOO doesn't break something else. Otherwise I would
steal the description from Dave's email and repost my patch.

I plan to repost my scope gfp patches in few days and it would be good
to have some mechanism to drop those GFP_NOFS to paper over lockdep
false positives for that.

[keeping Dave's explanation for reference]

On Fri 20-05-16 10:17:14, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:11:46AM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
[...]

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs