development APIs for used/free blocks information

Hello,

I was looking for development APIs for XFS. The contents of xfsprogs-devel seem to only contain a few IOCTL commands, mostly file/inode based operations.

I need to query free/used blocks of an entire XFS filesystem and was hoping to find some user-space APIs for this. I have done the same task for EXT filesystem which seemed fairly easy as it provided simple open/query/close APIs. I know that XFS is a bit different as it manages free extents in two B+ trees per AG, but is this free/used block/extent information externalized somehow for developers to use? Am I not looking in the right place or these functionalities are simply not provided to application developers?

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Benjamin Wirth | Senior Software Developer

WinMagic Inc.
5600A Cancross Court

Mississauga, ON  |  L5R 3E9 |  Canada