Re: XFS and nobarrier with SSDs

Le Sat, 12 Dec 2015 10:24:25 +0000
Georg Schönberger <g.schoenberger@xxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> I have found a recent discussion on the Ceph mailing list, anyone
> from XFS that can help us?

See this article from someone using many SSDs:
http://blog.nordeus.com/dev-ops/power-failure-testing-with-ssds.htm

If you want to know if a particular SSD model is reliable, your best
option is to buy one, write a lot of data to it, and pull the plug on
the machine repeatedly while it's writing, and see what's happening
when using barriers or not.