Is test xfs/096 correct?

Hi.

I'm looking on test xfs/096 and I'm not sure if I got it right:

"test out mkfs_xfs output on IRIX/Linux and some of its error handling, ensure pv#920679 is addressed" - this, and things like "$max_lr_size + 4096" all looks like mkfs should be catching invalid input. Yet the .out file instead looks like it should create the FS correctly (it contains the created fs stats instead of mkfs's usage and some error).

So either I'm reading the test wrong, or the patch approves invalid behaviour. I hit this test because when I added a stricter input validation, this patch started to fail as mkfs is now refusing to create the fs with these arguments.

BTW: I tried to look for the mentioned pv number, but didn't found it - where should I look further?

​Cheers
Jan​