Re: Question on how to submit changed code

On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 18:44 +0100, Carlos Maiolino wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 05:41:00PM +0000, Roger Willcocks wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 15:16 +0000, Epp, Mike wrote:
> > > I have changed code in libxfs and repair projects for xfsprogs.  I
> > > don’t view the changes as desired for ongoing deployment, as they
> > > allowed scanning of active volumes and bring the chance of false
> > > errors.  To stay compliant with GNU GPL though we must publish the
> > > code.  What are the steps I need to follow to publish the changes?  Do
> > > I need to publish just the source files I changed, the entire projects
> > > I changes, or all of xfsprogs?
> > >

> > You don't need to publish the code but you do need to make a full copy
> > of the code, including your clearly marked changes, available to your
> > customers.
> >
> > See GPL section 3.
>
> Just FYI, xfsprogs is licensed under GPL V2, not V3, they are different in many
> aspects.

xfsprogs source code (e.g. xfs_dir2_node.c) says:

 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
 * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
 * published by the Free Software Foundation.

which probably makes it V1.

http://linux-xfs.oss.sgi.narkive.com/drJRUsIn/xfsprogs-xfsdump-what-flavor-of-gpl

--
Roger