Re: memory reclaim problems on fs usage

On Monday 16 of November 2015, Michal Hocko wrote:
> On Sun 15-11-15 15:49:35, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> > > Regarding "Node 0 Normal" (min:7104kB low:8880kB high:10656kB),
> > > all free: values look sane to me. I think that your problem was solved.
> >
> > Great, thanks!
> >
> > Will all (or part) of these patches
> >
> > http://sprunge.us/GYBb
>
> Migrate reserves are not a stable material I am afraid. "vmstat:
> explicitly schedule per-cpu work on the CPU we need it to run on"
> was not marked for stable either but I am not sure why it should make
> any difference for your load. I understand that testing this is really
> tedious but it would be better to know which of the patches actually
> made a difference.

Ok. In mean time I've tried 4.3.0 kernel + patches (the same as before + one
more) on second server which runs even more rsnapshot processes and also uses
xfs on md raid 6.

Patches:
http://sprunge.us/DfIQ (debug patch from Tetsuo)
http://sprunge.us/LQPF (backport of things from git + one from ml)

The problem is now with high order allocations probably:
http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/log-mm-2srv-1.txt.gz

System is doing very slow progress and for example depmod run took 2 hours
http://sprunge.us/HGbE
Sometimes I was able to ssh-in, dmesg took 10-15 minutes but sometimes it
worked fast for short period.

Ideas?

ps. I also had one problem with low order allocation but only once and wasn't
able to reproduce so far. I was running kernel with backport patches but no
debug patch, so got only this in logs:
http://sprunge.us/WPXi

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )