Re: Problems compiling xfsdump on Debian unstable

On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 03:10:41PM +0000, Jose M Calhariz wrote:
> I am trying to compile the latest xfsdump from the git repository.
>
> While I can compile it on Debian stable (jessie) and testing(stretch), I
> have problems compiling it on Debian unstable.
> I think the problem is because of new software on Debian unstable.

Known issue - xfsdump had an unhealthy dependency on the unclean
header files that shipped with xfsprogs. We sanitised the xfsprogs
headers in 4.2.0, and didn't notice that xfsdump started
complaining because my build machine was still using 3.2.4 headers
to build xfsdump.

I have patches under review to fix the xfsdump problems, I'll be
doing a release of it as soon as the review is finished...

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner