Re: xfstests, bad generic tests 009 and 308

Le 24/09/2015 00:04, Dave Chinner a écrit :
On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:43:21PM +0200, Yann Dupont - Veille Techno wrote:
Le 22/09/2015 00:52, Dave Chinner a écrit :
As it is, I highly recommend that you try a current 4.3 kernel, as
there are several code fixes in the XFS kernel code that work
around compiler issues we know about. AFAIA, the do_div() asm bug
that trips recent gcc optimisations isn't in the upstream kernel
yet, but that can be worked around by setting
CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE=y in your build.
Hi dave,

I can confirm that CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE=y is (was ?) the only
way for me to have reliable XFS kernel code on different arm
platforms (Marvell kirkwood, Allwinner A20, Amlogic S805), no matter
what recent gcc version I've been using.

I must admit I was cross-compiling from X86-64 too, but I think (not
sure) that it was also the case with native gcc.

I must also admit that I didn't tried since some months, because
CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE=y was the silver bullet for arm xfs
kernel crashes. This crash was difficult to understand because it
occurs quite randomly (I.e it can take several hours to trigger)

If there's a patch floating around for gcc (or kernel), I'm
interested to test.
See this subthread from august:

Oh, missed this thread.

Thanks a lot for the pointer, will try this patch !
Cheers,