Re: easily reproducible filesystem crash on rebuilding array

Le Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:50:13 +0200 vous écriviez:

> Hi,
>
> have you found a resolution to your problem?
> we are facing a similar issue(fs corruption every time when
> rebuilding the array) with an Adaptec Series 8 Raid controller.

The problem didn't occur anymore after I deactivated
individual disks write caching in the "controller settings". This is
only adjustable through the RAID BIOS though, not through arcconf
apparently.
This seems to apply to all of 5xx5, 6xx5, 7xx5 series. I never rebuilt
an array with a 8xx5 yet (though I have some). I don't know why this is
not the default settings (default keeps the disks write cache active
instead). Adaptec support and engineering deny that the problem exists,
though I've sent many logs and defined a test procedure that allow to
reproduce the problem reliably enough.
Thanks god for XFS. ext4 is completely unaware of the corruptions, but
they're present nonetheless (md5summing files before, during and
after rebuild)...

BTW I'm curious, where did you find this address? This isn't the one
I'm using on the XFS mailing list...

cheers