Re: "This is a bug."

A perhaps interesting addition: xfs_metadump succeeds with
the -o option (without it it fails consistently).

If you think the dump would be useful to you I can probably
send it unobfuscated (would have to check but I don't think
there's anything sensitive in the filenames or attributes).

--
Tapani Tarvainen