Re: xfsprogs fails to build on debian ppc64el

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 06:57:35PM -0300, Fernando Seiti Furusato wrote:
> That error is common when configure is generated using out-of-date config.guess
> and config.sub.
> The ones that come with the package are, in fact, old.

config.sub and config.guess are generated by the build, we don't
ship them directly from the git repository. Perhaps you are building
from a release tarball rather than from a clean git repository
working area? Can you confirm this is the case?

If so, can you remove the configure, config.sub and config.guess
files and see if you get the same problem?

> This package used to run dh_autotools-dev_updateconfig and
> dh_autotools-dev_restoreconfig, which worked because it only updates those
> files.
>
> They were replaced by dh_autoreconf and dh_autoreconf_clean, which should
> update them, but does not run flawlessly.
> I think something is wrong with the m4 macros but I am not sure what.
> There are errors when running dh_autoreconf alone.
>
> # dh_autoreconf
> libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `.'.
> libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
> libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
> libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
> autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_UMODE_T
> autoheader: Use AC_DEFINE([HAVE_UMODE_T], [], [Description])
> autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE___PSINT_T
> autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE___PSUNSIGNED_T
> autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE___U32
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoheader failed with exit status: 1
> dh_autoreconf: autoreconf -f -i returned exit code 1
>
> I will keep working on it, but all I will be able to do if I get to a conclusion
> is send a patch here.
> Thus it will have to be dealt with by the maintainers anyway.

The XFS list is cc'd on the bug, so the upstream maintainers are
watching and will see the patch when you post it. ;)

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner