From: Eric Sandeen [mailto:sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 3:26 PM
To: Johannes Weydt; xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'dwdos@xxxxxxxxxxxx'; Reiter Manuel; Frühauf Andreas
Subject: Re: xfs_metadump

On 6/12/15 7:49 AM, Johannes Weydt wrote:
> Hello SGI,
>

> We experienced a I/O error on one of our XFS filesystems, xfs_repair -n advised to
>
> "Please capture the filesystem metadata with xfs_metadump and
>
> report it to xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>."
> before it ended with a Segmentation fault.
>
> The metadata is almost 3GB big, how do you recommend to transfer the file?

did you try to compress it?

> Do you have an open FTP for us?

> Also attached are some console outputs of first investigation attempts.
>
> Log of xfs_repair -n (1^st run)

What version?  Have you tried the latest version?

oh:

> xfsprogs is installed in version:
>
> root@daw1:/localtmp # rpm -qa |grep xfsprogs
>
> xfsprogs-3.1.1-10.el6.x86_64

> Can you advise something?

If this is a RHEL6 box, have you contacted Red Hat support?

-Eric

 Click https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/JxHYYzH!zCnGX2PQPOmvUu5zZAYN1Mos9eKHjYNtfXrudviIHsJm0HyQQuFuwh!AVNukBLmUyPDUfE+mA+MlhQ==  to report this email as spam.