Re: extremely slow file creation/deletion after xfs ran full

Hi Dave

On 01/13/2015 09:33 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:

> This pattern seems to match a filesystem that was running under
> inode32 for most of it's life, and is now using inode64 and hence
> spreading the subdirectories and hence new inodes over all AGs
> instead of just limiting them to AG 0....

I fear you are right. The install logs from 2012 show, that fstab simply
contained:

UUID=dd407af5-1edc-41de-8c72-5fe1de31fb11 /srv xfs rw  0 2

And our change management is not that good to track back, when we
changed to inode64.

OK, I think I've gathered quite a lot of things we did wrong. I'll try
to summarize it in another email later today or tomorrow to invite a few
more comments before we go ahead redoing the FS. Also, it may serve as
summary for the list archive.

For now, I want to say a very, very big thank you for remarks and
suggestions!

Cheers

Carsten