Re: What is a recommended XFS sector size for hybrid (512e) advanced format hard drives?

On Sunday, January 04, 2015 21:52:51 Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> On 01/04/2015 06:56 PM, Hillel Lubman wrote:

> > when creating XFS partitions on hybrid (512e)

> > Can you please clarify what after all is the recommended sector size for

> > such drives

> XFS sectsz is unimportant with these drives. What matters is that any

> partitions you create start and end on 4KB boundaries.

Thanks. So there shouldn't be any negative impact either if sectz is set to 4 KB? In one particular case I experience some perceived slowness on 2 TB WD drive (and I created XFS partition on that drive using sectz as 4 KB). I didn't test however how it compares to default settings on the same drive which would set it to 512 B.

Regards,

Hillel.