finobt option for end user

Hello,

I'm pretty new to XFS. I'm considering moving away from ext4 to XFS because of the new self-describing option, performance and reliability improvements that XFS went through over the past year. Now I'm puzzled with the new free inode btree option (finobt). I tried to find some documentation about it but couldn't find the pros or cons. So from an end-user perspective with a couple of TB worth of photos:
- Does it improve overall reliability?
- Does it provide faster fsck/repair?
- Does it improve any read or write operation?
- Is it safe to use and does it recover as well as with finobt=0?
- What is the typical case for enabling it and would you recommend using it for any new fs creation?

Thank you in advance for your pointers.
Alphazo