Re: Mismatch UUID

(Re-CC xfs list)

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 08:10:18AM +1100, Robert Tench wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I had run xfs_repair -n previously which spewed out a ton of stuff, in the last email you would have received, there should be a link to hotmail onedrive where you could view the output of that command, I called it xfs.log

I didn't see a link in the plaintext of the message. I see something now
buried in an html attachment that my mailer doesn't interpret very well,
and the link doesn't appear to work.

> If I try to mount the array, it comes back with 'Structure needs Cleaning' and won't mount.
>
> When I tried to reassemble the array, it would only begin with 2 of the 5 drives, as I know that 3 of the drives had different update times and were out of sync.
>
> I ended up doing a force assemble, which created the array and went into a resync process (really not sure if I did the right thing here).

It's been a while since I've played around with md raid. Do you have a
command that you ran to put things back together? As was mentioned
up-thread, using a create (-C) command could just force an array
together in a particular geometry and write new metadata. This would
make the array look fine afterwards, but then there's no way to know
whether the array is actually in the original order and the data could
very well be scrambled.

Brian