Why not move xfs infra-structure to "public" services

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for this kind of "fancy" question from my side, but I'm wondering why
xfs project infra-structure (mailing list, git trees), does not use the "usual
public" services. I mean, does anyone thought about moving xfs mailing list to
vger.kernel.org, and the git trees to git.kernel.org?

Sorry about been asking it mainly because I'm too lazy to keep deleting spams
from my inbox, and also, because having 'everything I need' in a single place
(kernel.org) would make my life easier (and probably many other lives :).

Anyway, it's just a question/suggestion, please don't get me wrong here.
IIRC there were some discussion regarding this some time ago, but, I'm not
sure where the discussion stopped and/or if any decision were taken.

Cheers o>

--
Carlos