Re: Corrupted file system

On 9/23/14 5:29 PM, Diane Trout wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, I had my doubts about that there's anything reasonable one could do after
> part of the file system was randomized. I'll trying updating to xfsprogs 3.2.1
> and see if that does any better.

Yes - you didn't mention which version you used, but I'd definitely try something
current.  The bug rings a bell, maybe fixed now.

To be safe, you can always make an xfs_metadump image (use -o to not obfuscate
filenames for convenience), xfs_mdrestore that, and point repair at that fs image.
Then you'll see what it *would* do before you *do* do.  ;)

But yeah, depending on the damage done to the storage, you may be in trouble
that repair can't help with.  Depends on the failure, though.

-Eric