Re: unclean shutdown of usb hdd destroyed xfs partially

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:27:45PM +0200, Marko Weber|8000 wrote:

> Am 2014-09-14 00:09, schrieb Dave Chinner:
> >On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 04:36:59PM +0200, Marko Weber|8000 wrote:
> >>
> >>an output of  xfs_repair -v -L /dev/sde1
> >>
> >> # xfs_repair -v -L /dev/sde1
> >
> >What version?
>
> first it was 3.1.10
> later like posted 3.2.1
>

> >>Phase 1 - Superblock finden und überprüfen...
> >>        - Berichts-Prozess in Abständen von 15 Minutes
> >>        - Block-Zwischenspeichergröße ist auf 1487792 Einträge gesetzt
> >>Phase 2 - ein internes Protokoll benutzen
> >>        - Null-Protokoll...
> >>zero_log: head block 40 tail block 40
> >>        - freier Speicher und Inode-Karten des Dateisystems werden
> >>gescannt...
> >>bad magic numberbad magic numberbad magic number
> >>falscher on-disk-Superblock 12 - falsche Magische Nummer
> >>Metadata corruption detected at block
> >>0x20bf8e50/0x1000primäre/sekundärer Superblock-12-Konflikt -
> >>AG-Superblock-Geometrie-Info hat einen Konflikt mit der
> >>Dateisystem-Geometrie
> >>flasche magische # 0x0 für agf 12
> >>falsche Version # 0 für agf 12
> >>
> >>Metadata corruption detected at block 0x417f1c90/0x1000
> >>falscher on-disk-Superblock 6 - falsche Magische Nummer
> >>primäre/sekundärer Superblock-6-Konflikt -
> >>AG-Superblock-Geometrie-Info hat einen Konflikt mit der
> >>Dateisystem-Geometrie
> >>falscher on-disk-Superblock 3 - falsche Magische Nummer
> >>ungenutzten Anteil des »sekundär«-Superblocks nullen (AG #6)
> >>Metadata corruption detected at block 0x57542610/0x1000
> >>falsche Sequenz # 0 für agf 12
> >>Metadata corruption detected at block
> >>0x7813b450/0x1000Speicherzugriffsfehler
> >
> >I don't read german(?) but that looks like many AG header block
> >have been overwritten with zeros (0 magic number, 0 sequence #, 0
> >length, etc) and so even if we can repair the filesystem, I'd
> >suggest that you need to verify that the data in every file in the
> >filesystem is correct.
> >
> >Is that as far as xfs_repair got? If so, it would have appeared to
> >crash.  Can you run the lastest version inside gdb to get a stack
> >trace when it dies? Or, alternatively, provide a metadump for one of
> >us to look at more closely?
>
> yes, this is as far xfs_repair got it.
> what is ment 'run latest version in gdb?' gnudebugger? how do i do
> that? console example needed.
> and how do i do the metadump?

# gdb /path/to/build/area/repair/xfs_repair
(gdb) run <command line options for repair>
<crashes>
(gdb) bt
<stack trace output emitted>

Paste the entire output of the gdb session. Best if you can run it
with your language settings to output english error messages, too
(LANG=C, I think).

As for running metadump: 'man xfs_metadump', compress the resultant
image and send me a link to where I can download it from.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner