Re: Corrupted files

On 9/9/2014 8:10 PM, Roger Willcocks wrote:

On 10 Sep 2014, at 01:48, Leslie Rhorer <lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  The only ones remaining at issue are 3 files which cannot be read, written or deleted.

The most straightforward fix would be to note down the inode numbers of the three fies and then use xfs_db to clear the inodes; then run xfs_repair again.

See:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_How_to_get_around_a_bad_inode_repair_is_unable_to_clean_up

That sounds reasonable. If no one has any more sound advice, I think I will try that.

but before that try running the latest (3.2.1 I think) xfs_repair.

I am always reticent to run anything outside the distro package. Ive had problems in the past with doing so. 3.1.7 is pretty close, so unless there is a really solid reason to use 3.2.1 vs. 3.1.7, I think I will stick with the distro version and try the above. Can you or anyone else give a reason why 3.2.1 would work when 3.1.7 would not? More importantly, is there some reason 3.1.7 would make things worse while 3.2.1 would not? If not, then I can always try 3.1.7 and then try 3.2.1 if that does not help.