Re: [RFD]: Help in setting up XFS

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:25:57PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On Monday, 2014-08-18 at 15:00 +0530, Prithvi Rathore wrote:
>
> >About the part where you say mount it properly, I just wanted to check if this is correct.
> >
> >1)Create a mount point.
> >    $ mkdir /mnt/dat1
>
> Just plug in the stick and click on the icon to mount it. No
> different than any other filesystem.

That doesn't work for machines with no desktop or ones that you
access via ssh. Learn the command line first then you can always get
the machine to do what you want regardless of how you need to access
it. Indeed, typing commands is often faster than using the mouse,
especially if you know how to use command history search
effectively...

> If it doesn't work, just ask on the help forum or mail lists of your
> distribution.

That's just wrong. If you've got an XFS problem or question, then
this mailing list is exactly the right place to be asking for help.

Cheers,

Dave.

--
Dave Chinner