Re: Recovery of deleted files/directories

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you have a link to the project you're working on?  Is it an open
> source tool?

At the moment its only local in my computer, I'm first trying to get
it to work and afterwards think about what to do with it...

> There's another tool out there already called "xfs_irecover" which
> looks for any inode anywhere on disk, and tries to copy back out any
> data that it points to, deleted or not.  It could use some love.

Nice! So indeed it's possible =) From what I could understand it looks
like that it recovers only file, not really directories, and it seams
to suppose that the files have format extent, so I suppose that it
won't work with very small files (with local data in the inode) and
neither will work in files with format btree.

Still, it should be able to recover most files I guess that local and
btree formats are less commonly found.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho