Re: xfs_bmbt_rec_64 leading to wrong blocks

Hello,

Thanks, that worked perfectly =)

My actual idea is to not only read the partition, but to also recover
deleted/corrupted files. With the information that you provided I
advanced a lot in this direction, and I can now recover the file
information in that memory area completely. I can also obtain the
inode nr (well 4 bytes of it are preserved, but its better then
nothing), but my current problem is with the inode itself. In a
deleted file the following changes are done by the linux driver in the
inode:

xfs_dinode_core_t.di_mode was changed to zero
xfs_dinode_core_t.di_format was changed from 1 (local) to 2 (extent)

But di_mode in particular is a key element as I am using it to
differentiate files from directories.

Is there anything else what I can use to differentiate files from
directories in case di_mode was corrupted? I am searching here but so
far I didn't find anything...

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho