Re: Is jdm_delete_filehandle part of a public API?

On 07/29/14 12:31, Eric Sandeen wrote:
I was cleaning up xfsprogs to plug some leaks, and wanted to use
jdm_delete_filehandle().  I noticed that it has an "hlen" argument which
is unused.

Can we remove that, or is this part of a public API?  It's not in any
manpage (or even called anywhere in xfsprogs/xfstests/xfsdump/dmapi)
but it is in a public header...

anyone know?

If needed I guess I can just call it with hlen==0, but that seems odd.

Thanks,
-Eric

The first thing that comes to mind is maybe they trying to distinguish between a fshandle or handle. Or they we trying to be consistent with the allocation calls.

The libhandle free_handle has the same calling parameters. It also does nothing with the length. That we cannot change without breaking existing code.

I will look/ask around.

--Mark.