Re: Error (failing assert) in xfs_repair

Hi Dave,

sorry for the HTML mail. My normal mail account isn't allowed to send mail to the list,
my provider got somehow onto a spam list. I had to revert to GMX and only recently learnt
how to send plain text mails via GMX. I hope that that works now.

The system is now down, therefore some of the details you requested are only from my memory.
The version of xfstools is the one I got with the command "git clone git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/cmds/xfsprogs",
sunday or monday this week.

The story is as follows: my backup file system is on a Raid6 (mdadm), on top of that lvm2 and xfs.
One of the HDs reported smart errors, I replaced it with a new one. During the Raid6 resyncronisation
I got a kernel panic. After reset the raid didn't come up. I finally started it with the '--force'
parameter. After that the filesystem didn't mount. I issued the 'xfs_repair -L ...' from the
current distribution, Debian 7 amd64. During the repair process the command stalled for more than
24 hours. After that I got nervous and restarted the machine.

Then I downloaded the git xfstools version and compiled it. Now I get repeatedly the error from
my first mail.

Two more drives failed, I'm now back to a system without any retundancy. I will only power it up
again when I have two new replacement drives (already ordered).

Kind regards, Hans