Re: [DISCUSS] Planning for new dev cycle (3.17)

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 08:33:20AM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that the 3.16 dev cycle has drawn to a close (one more
> linux-next build and I'll tag for-next and send a pull request),
> it's time to look ahead for the next couple of months. I think the
> current major pieces of work that are currently outstanding are
> these:
>
> 	- Jeff's bulkstat rework
> 	- Brian's EOF prealloc scanning
> 	- Namjae's FALLOC_FL_INSERT_RANGE work
> 	- Eric's XFS_ERROR() macro removal and return () cleanup.
>
> There's also two major pieces of infrastructure work I'd like to get
> done:
>
> 	- convert XFS to negative error returns
> 	- restructure code to have a fs/xfs/libxfs structure similar
> 	  to userspace
>
> Because Eric's XFS_ERROR removal touches the entire codebase, as
> does the negative error return and the libxfs restructuring, I'd
> like to get these done first and base the rest of the dev cycle work
> on top of that. Eric's patches just need a minor rebase and the
> libxfs restructure needs some makefile rework and review and they
> should be good to go.

There is a new version of this work (Eric's patches and the base
libxfs restructure) here:

	git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs.git xfs-libxfs-restructure

It's based on 3.15 with the current for-next branch merged into it
and then the changes done over the top, so it's about as up-to-date
as it can be. Comments welcome...

Cheers,

Dave.
--