XFS tune to adaptec ASR71605

Hi All,

New to the list so first hello to you all from St Andrews, Scotland. We have three new raid hosts each with an Adaptec ASR71605 controller. Given upstream (Red Hat) are going to be using XFS as their default file system we are going to use XFS on the three raid hosts. After much reading around this is what I came up with.

All hosts have 16x4TB WD RE WD4000FYYZ drives and will run "RAID 6"

The underlying RAID details are

   RAID level                               : 6 Reed-Solomon
   Status of logical device                 : Optimal
   Size                                     : 53401590 MB
   Stripe-unit size                         : 512 KB
   Read-cache setting                       : Enabled
   Read-cache status                        : On
   Write-cache setting                      : Disabled
   Write-cache status                       : Off
   Partitioned                              : No

I built the filesystem with

mkfs.xfs -f -d su=512k,sw=14 /dev/sda

and mounted with fstab options

xfs    defaults,inode64,nobarrier

My question is are the "mkfs.xfs" and the mount options I used sensible? The RAID is to be used to store data from "numerical simulations" that were run on a high performance cluster and is not mission critical in the sense that it can be regenerated if lost. Of course that would take the user/cluster some time.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve