Re: XFS filesystem claims to be mounted after a disconnect

On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 10:29:50PM +0300, Martin Papik wrote:

> > We have a lot of docs at
> > http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_Papers_and_Documentation in
> > publican/xml format, but Dave has been making noises about
> > converting that to asciidoc.  In any case, the goal is
> > documentation which is readily available, version-controlled, for
> > which patches may be submitted...
>
> Unless this documentation is part of the installable package, its
> utility is limited. My expectation was for the manual pages to be the
> reference. There could be a snippet in each man page saying "for more
> information go to http://....";, which would help locate this
> additional documentation. :-)

Eventually it will become exactly that - an installable XFS
documentation package that ends up in /usr/share/doc/xfs.  Other
parts of it will end up as the source for the wiki pages e.g.  the
FAQ. As I do stuff, it ends up here:

http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=xfs/xfs-documentation.git

But right now it's time and resources that limit the conversion and
development of that repository, so don't hold your breathe too long
waiting for it.

Cheers,

Dave.
--