Troubleshooting log corruption

I've recently had a few systems experience a hard failure (power
supply failure) and our XFS file system failed to recover.  The file
system fails to mount and I need to clear the logs before running
repair on them.  My understanding is that XFS should be more resilient
to this kind of issue.

I'm trying to dive a bit further into why this is happening (meta-data
corruption) and I'm wondering if anyone can provide some suggestions
as far as data to collect or tests to run to help understand why this
corruption is happening on system failures.

Thank you,
mike