Re: XFS: Assertion failed: fs_is_ok, file: fs/xfs/xfs_alloc.c, line: 1590

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:12:15AM +0400, Dmitriy Yu Leonov wrote:

> Hello, dear developers
>
> Faced  with  the  problem of using XFS. I'm use the XFS file system on
> the  server without problems three years. Recently discovered that the
> disk (raid-array) with XFS is not available.
>
> The logs raid controller appeared: 2014-01-24 07:12:34 H/W Monitor Raid
> Powered On

So something went wrong with the HW RAID, and then you found errors
in the filesystem?

> When I restart the server, I found that the raid array is not mount on
> the mount point /dev/sdb1 (filesystem XFS).

It failed to mount with the stack trace that you attached? If so,
there's a corrupt freespace tree in the filesystem.

> When  I  run  the utility xfs_repair -P /dev/sdb1 it hangs. When I run
> mount  /dev/sdb1  not  issued  any  errors and application also hangs.
> Task's cannot finish even the command kill -9 <pid>.

First of all, I'd suggest updating to at least version 3.1.11 of
xfsprogs. If it still hangs, then it's quite likely there something
still wrong with your HW RAID.

Your first step is to make sure your HW RAID is healthy before
trying to repair or mount the filesystem....

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner