Re: Please help to recover filesystem XFS on RAID 5

Le Fri, 27 Dec 2013 09:56:32 -0800 (PST) vous écriviez:

> I had a XFS filesystem on RAID 5, but line of the power supply 230 V
> had crash . UPS failed, 2 hard disk drive on RAID (4 hard disk)
> failed (medium error) - then before turn of computer I resynchronize
> this RAID.  Fdisk recognized filesystem as XFS. Using dd with
> conv=noerror, sync I clone XFS filesystem on external hard disk.

You should try to repair your failed hard disks. I've saved a RAID-5
array recently with 3 defective drives by using GRC Spinrite: it
remapped enough bad blocks to get the array up again, though Seatools
couldn't do it.

After that you're good for Kroll Ontrack and friends... Unfortunately
that's how people learn how backups are necessary, by losing data.