Re: [RFC] directory quota survey on xfs

On Monday 23 of December 2013, Dave Chinner wrote:

> > As always, any comment or idea are welcome.
>
> I'd suggest that you implement project quotas, not directory quotas.
> They are way more flexible than pure directory quotas, but with only
> a few lines of code and a special directory flag they can be used to
> > implement directory subtree quotas....

Would be also nice to allow a file to belong to more than one project.

Let say I want to have

/projects/ with 10GB quota
and
/projects/projectA/ with 1GB quota
/projects/projectB/ with 2GB quota
and so on that's still limited by /projects/ 10GB quota limit.

(and can't use user/group quota for that since the files belong to various
users/groups)

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl