XFS_REPAIR on LVM partition

Hi folks,
I am having some troubles with a XFS over one LVM partition. After an unexpected reboot, I am getting the following message when I try to mount it:
mount: Structure needs cleaning

I tried "sudo xfs_check /dev/mapper/volume". Sadly, I got the message:
xfs_check: cannot init perag data (117)
ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to
be replayed.  Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before
re-running xfs_check.  If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use
the xfs_repair -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair.
Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount
of the filesystem before doing this

So, I tried:
xfs_repair -L

The command is running for over 3 hours and still just dots on my screen, I have no idea of what is happening. Any ideas how I can get it to work again? Or at least some work around that would enable me to extract the data that it contains.

The server is a Ubuntu server 12.04.
The XFS version is: xfs_info version 3.1.7
If you need I can provide you with more info.

Thanks,

--
Rafael Weingärtner