Re: How to feel the real time feature of XFS from userspace

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Jeff Liu <jeff.liu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Harry,

Hi Jeff,

> As this inode has been marked to realtime, the subsequent write via
> directIO will allocate
> extents via it's specific allocation algorithm rather than the general
> approach, and the
> extent length is specified with fsx_extsize.
> AFAICS, the realtime file data will be allocated on realtime volume
> while the metadata will
> still be allocated from the data volume.

I see. However, I think current real-time feature of XFS should be enhanced
and could write/read specific data during specific time interval. I have no
exact ideas about this. I would do if I could. Anyway, thanks for your replies.

--
Thanks
Weiwei  Jia (Harry Wei)