Re: xfs_repair fatal error -- name create failed in lost+found, filesystem may be out of space

Sorry to be a pain, but is there anything I can do?

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Viet Nguyen <vietnguyen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The corruption was detected after a power outage. The underlying system is an LSI RAID 6, according to the controller, the RAID integrity checks out, though I don't know if I could trust that. This is the second time this server has suffered xfs corruption after a power outage. The strange thing is that there hasn't been any writes made to the filesystem for weeks. The server passed a memtest, and xfs_repair fails consistently at the same point. So I'm not sure what's going on there.

Is there any other particular details I could provide?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 08:57:20PM -0700, Viet Nguyen wrote:
> Hi,
> Me again. I've got get another corrupted drive and I'm getting a different
> error for xfs_repair:
>
> fatal error -- name create failed in lost+found (117), filesystem may be
> out of space

Error 117 is telling you that the filesystem is corrupted. i.e.
attempting to make a new name for a lost inode has resulted in
detection of a new corruption or previously undetected or
uncorrected corruption in the filesystem.

Given the amount of damage your filesystem sustained, that's not
totally unexpected, especially if you are running 3.2.0-alpha.
Can you provide more details about the failure?

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner